Antivirus software, or anti-virus software (abbreviated to AV software), also known as anti-malware, is a computer program used to prevent, detect, and remove malware. Antivirus software was originally developed to detect and remove computer viruses, hence the name. However, with the proliferation of other kinds of malware, antivirus software started to provide protection from other computer threats. In particular, modern antivirus software can protect users from malicious browser helper objects (BHOs), browser hijackers, ransomware, keyloggers, backdoors, rootkits, trojan horses, worms, malicious LSPs, dialers, fraud tools, adware and spyware. Some products also include protection from other computer threats, such as infected and malicious URLs, spam, scam and phishing attacks, online identity (privacy), online banking attacks, social engineering techniques, advanced persistent threat (APT) and botnet DDoS attacks.
How to get the best Antivirus Solutions?
Unfortunately, not all antivirus products provide a reliable, usable solution that delivers an adequate level of protection against malware.
Reliability : Even the most thorough antivirus solution can prove to be absolutely useless if it conflicts with other software that’s running in your computer. If these conflicts lead to a malfunction or temporary suspension in the antivirus protection processes, that could leave you vulnerable.
Usability: If the day-to-day operation of an antivirus solution requires special skills, it may be impractical for many users. In some cases, if the antivirus software is too difficult to run, the user may simply disable it.
Comprehensive protection: The program should be able to detect malicious code and also protect all channels or entry points to the computer — including email, the Internet, FTP and more.
Quality of protection: Quality of protection partly depends on the following:
- Effectiveness of malware detection processes
- Frequency and regularity of updates
- Ability to remove infections from the computer
- Efficiency in delivering computer protection – without significant impact on the computer’s performance
Antivirus Solutions for Business
DSI Dubai provides a full range of Anti-virus protection and internet security services that covers all your security needs.
- Virus detection and removal of any virus, spyware, malware, and rootkits.
- Repairing any operating system issues and testing for proper functionality.
- Performing critical system updates.
- Prevent hackers to secretly install both programs on computers and thus prevent taking remote control
- Enable to manage everything from a single console with Remote Administrator
- Identification and removal of other malicious files.
- Firewall and Security Setting issues.
- Browser Setting for various protections.
- Powerful threat prevention with real-time security updates
- Advanced threat detection, including detecting previously unknown threats
- Antivirus installation support.
- Antivirus Update or Version Upgrade.